WORK FOR BREAD & ROSES
Join a team of highly committed individuals who share hope, healing and joy through live music with audiences who are institutionalized or otherwise isolated. Founded in 1974, Bread & Roses uplifts 30,000 children, teens, adults and elders by presenting over 600 live concerts annually in hospitals, special needs schools, convalescent homes, detention facilities, veterans homes and rehab centers and other facilities throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Our staff of nine works hard to produce a wide array of events, meetings and fundraising campaigns. Our offices are located in Corte Madera, California.
Bread & Roses Executive Director
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Bread & Roses staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
▪ Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
▪ Actively engage and energize Bread & Roses volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
▪ Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build Board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for any national rollout
▪ Lead, coach, develop, and retain Bread & Roses high-performance senior management team Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, volunteers and other constituents
Fundraising & Communications:
▪ Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and support any additional regional expansion
▪ Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
▪ Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Bread & Roses mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
• Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
• Passion and experience with music, entertainment or arts non profit
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
• Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
• Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
CLICK HERE to view or download a PDF version of this position description.
Requires Adobe Reader. Need it?
Click Here for Free Download: